By Maria: April 9th, 2012
These brownies are SO delicious, and relatively nutritious as well, although they do contain sugar.
They are gluten-free and if you use egg substitute, they can be Vegan as well.
Makes 26 brownies in mini muffin tins.
15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed [~1/2 cup]
3 eggs [ or 3 flax eggs 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal, 2.5 Tbsp. water each]
3 T coconut oil [or sub canola, vegetable, etc.]
Scant 3/4 c cocoa powder
1/8 t salt
1.5 t vanilla extract
3/4 c granulated sugar
1.5 t baking powder
A heaping 1.5 t of finely ground espresso powder or instant coffee granules
3/4 c semisweet chocolate chips [non-dairy for vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease mini muffin tins.
- If using flax eggs, prepare flax with water and let rest for 10 minutes
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor [sift in sugar if clumpy] and puree. Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into miniature muffin tins (fill to the top) and smooth the tops with a spoon.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until tops are dry and starting to pull away from the sides.
- Let cool for 15-30 minutes before removing from pan.